Each attendee you invite must be uploaded and have a code generated. When the attendee opens the meeting, they must submit their code. Their names will show up under Q&A and in reporting.
You can use Invite Attendees to upload custom data, generate individual passcodes and even email your audience.
To use attendee codes:
Upload simple list of attendees
- Start by downloading the template linked in the instruction text by going to the attendees tab, and then click on "+ ADD ATTENDEES". You can download this template from the "Download CSV template" button. (Format will be email,firstName,lastName).
2. Put the names/emails of the attendees you want to invite below the first header row. (Tip: Include 1 test attendee with an email you can check.) Don't include any other data.
[email protected],Jane Doe
3. Upload the CSV using the green Upload button.
4. Once you have uploaded your attendees, you will be able to see the full attendee list with their access code in the "All Attendees" tab.
Require access codes for login
Under Settings -> Access and identity -> select Require unique access codes.
Add custom data for attendees
To add the custom attendee data, switch to the + Add Attendee data tab, and click on Download, at the top right corner, to download the current list of attendees.
This will give you a CSV with the attendee codes and user IDs.
Add columns for each custom data field you want to give attendees. The column name should not have any spaces or slashes. Enter the data for each attendee. When your file is ready, click on “Upload Attendees List” and upload your file.
Important: If you want to use your attendees' first names in custom data (e.g. show a personalized welcome message), you will need to add the first name only as a separate custom data field, you can call it displayName or nickName.
To verify your attendees' list, switch to All attendees, and confirm you have the attendees you need with individual access codes.
At this point, you can either send them emails through MeetingPulse, or use an external tool.
Send emails through MeetingPulse
To send emails with the codes through MeetingPulse, select Invite by email
- Type in the message you like. Include one of the uploaded emails as a test to confirm the invitation.
- You can add custom invitation text as well.
- Click Send Invitations when you’re ready to send out invitations.
Here's how that email looks:
It is important to note that when sending invitations to a larger group of attendees, emails will be scheduled and sent in batches, not immediately, so it's good to send invitations some time in advance to make sure all emails are delivered.
Send emails through an external tool
To send codes through an external tool
- Go to the Attendees tab
- Click Download, from the top right corner
3. You will get a CSV with all the attendee information, including their access codes. (code).
4. Use the names, emails, and codes in whatever external tool you’d like to use.