Moderation allows an administrator to control which questions attendees see. The moderator will see all questions that attendees submit. The moderator can edit those questions, reject them, or approve them.
Rejecting a question sends a message to the attendee that their question was rejected.
Editing a question can be done before or after approving it. The edits take effect immediately and permanently. A
After a question has been approved, attendees will see it on their screens. Only approved questions are available to the Broadcast View.
• Meetings with moderation go more smoothly if someone other than the speaker does the moderating.
• If you don’t acknowledge their questions, attendees will pay less attention to what the speaker is saying. Try to only reject inappropriate or offensive questions.
• Use Comments to reply to questions you don’t have time to cover so attendees feel heard.
Enable Pre-Meeting Questions
Attendees will be able to submit questions early if you use this setting. If they open the meeting URL before you Start the meeting, they will only see the Questions page. They will be able to submit a question there. Those questions will remain visible once you start the meeting.
• Pre-meeting questions will also be shown during the meeting
• Pre-meeting questions will follow the moderation rules.
Hide questions from the audience
If you want to prevent attendees from seeing all the questions on their personal devices, you can use this option. Attendees will be able to see the questions that they have submitted, but not questions submitted by anyone else.
• Use Broadcast view to show attendees the question under discussion
• Attendees will not be able to upvote questions because they cannot see them.
Comments allow attendees and the moderator to reply to submitted questions. This setting turns off those comments.
• Comments allow for more interaction and group discussion.
• The moderator can use comments to communicate directly to an individual attendee about their question.
Notify of new questions by email
You can send all of the submitted questions to a single email address. A different email is sent for each question and it is sent as soon as the question has been asked.
• Use this with pre-meeting questions to alert you to the questions before the meeting starts
• You can send this to a group email address so multiple people are notified.
• Use this to automatically send a record of all the questions to someone who doesn’t have admin access to the reports.